Creating Custom Bells
Guardian Bell offers custom bells for larger quantities – generally 100+ bells. We will work with you to create the design you want – it can be a logo or words or other artwork that you have the rights to use. When thinking about a custom bell, please keep in mind the size of our bells, as too much detail will not work well.
Below are the costs and process for creating a custom bell. Generally, we require at least 8 weeks turnaround, possibly longer if it’s our busy season. Total cost is generally at least $1200 for your first 100 bells.
Art Fee & Mold Set-Up Fee: $600 – due upon committing to project
Additional cost per bell:
100-300 Bells: $6.00 each
300+ Bells: $5.50 each
500+ Bells $5.25
We require a $600 deposit before beginning the project. You provide us with a rough design or design concept. Our bell carver will create a detailed drawing for your approval. One round of changes is permitted to this drawing.
Once the drawing is approved, the artist carves the bell out of wax. You are sent detailed photos of the carving for approval. Only one round of very minor changes can be made at this point. That wax carving is then used to create the master bell and the production mold.
Production Time Frame: After artwork is approved by Customer
Under 1000 Bells: 4 Weeks
1000 to 5000 Bells: 4+ Weeks
Generally, we typically like to have 8 weeks for the full process, more if possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, so that we can clarify them for you.
PLEASE NOTE: Your custom bell will be sold exclusively to your organization; however, the master bell and design work (unless a copyright design is produced) belongs solely to Guardian Bell and may not be reproduced or copied without the express written consent of Guardian Bell. Also, Guardian Bell is a Registered Trademark and any use of our brand must have the proper markings and be approved by Guardian Bell.
Steps for Custom Bell Creation
- Email email@example.com with a rough design or design concept or finished artwork. Jpeg is best, but PDF can work, too. For finished artwork, eps or ai files are acceptable.
- Our artist/bell carver will create a detailed drawing of the design, as the model for carving the bell. (Usually created in 3-5 days).
- One round of changes is permitted to this drawing – please note that after approval of this artwork, anything other than extremely minor changes will not be possible.
- Once the drawing is approved, the artist carves the bell out of wax. (Carve time is estimated at 7-10 days)
- You are sent detailed photos of the carving for approval.
- Only one round of very minor changes can be made at this point.
- That wax carving is then used to create the master model of the bell. (Takes up to 2 weeks)
- The production mold is then created. (Takes up to 1 week)
- The bells are produced and shipped. (Takes 1-2 weeks)
We typically like to have 8 weeks for custom projects, but could possibly turn it around in a shorter timeframe depending on the time of year and how busy we are.